Monday, September 17, 2007

Flowers for JoWynn

I just returned from a 26 hour flying visit to San Diego to help young niece Qwen celebrate her sixth birthday. These jet-setting jaunts take a little more recovery time than they used to...especially because I stayed up half the night solving the world's problems with my highly informed and passionate brother Matt. Truly, it didn't matter that we are on opposite sides of the political spectrum.

I came home to find a really nice email from JoWynn, whose blog, Parkview 616 is a must read for me because of its deep thoughtfulness, spiritual emphasis, beautiful needlework, and truly accomplished writing. In a private email I had sent her one of my recent floral mandalas, in response to her blog entry on the subject. She asked if I would post the picture so others could see it....so JoWynn, for you.....

...with love.

6 comments :

Unknown said...

possible my favorite......seester
p.s. sure was a great day!!!!

Susan said...

That is really pretty. Reminds me of kaleidoscopes. You've really been busy lately! I love the flowers you chose to frame your mother's picture.

Possibilities, Etc. said...

Many thanks for the intro to JoWynn! I will include that in my morning ritual with the coffee! A special person - and truly an artist.

JoWynn Johns said...

Thank you, dear Allie. Doesn't it look splendid on the screen? Now I can send everyone I know to see it!

verobirdie said...

Really beautiful, and looks like JoWynn.

Threadspider said...

This is lovely Allie-the late flowers are pulling out all the stops. And thanks for pointing us to JoWynn's blog.
Glad you enjoyed the flying visit, but I know just what you mean about recovery time!