Sunday, November 25, 2007

Chainstitch on Trim Complete

Well, that was a fun little 3 day chore! All four corners are finished now.

There is still so much work left to do on this quilt...I've decided to bead the rest of the patches in the inner section, though not the fans. And the background of the central "H", and the black corner sections will be beaded as well...this is my equivalent to adding quilting.
So that's quite a bit of beading....
And then there is the label going on the back. But it is not going to be just a label. I want to have some photos of my Uncle Hal from a few different periods of his life, and my favorite one of him and me...and the watercolor he did, 55 years later when he was finally able to face his experience in paint, of landing at Iwo Jima....I might arrange these photos like a page from a graphic novel.
Anyway, it will take some time to do...

And then there is the whole process of structurally finishing the quilt with the false back, fancy back, and binding....which in this case is going to be ruched. And then there is the hanging sleeve...If I am done by Christmas that will be great!

7 comments :

Possibilities, Etc. said...

It's wonderful - and so different from the original concept when it was called the "fan quilt." Good job!! You can do it!!

Susan said...

I'm thinking that you don't want to come to the end of this project. =) This stitching looks great!

Ruth said...

Wow! I keep thinking you're are going to be done with this quilt. It is so beautiful already. Can't wait to see it completed. Your work is amazing!

Debra Dixon said...

I have to agree. . .seems like you would like this quilt's work to last forever. It really is gorgeous!

atet said...

I love all of the ideas I get from you -- I'm going to enjoy seeing all of the steps this one takes!

Rengin Yazitas said...

I love to review details... You have very characteristic style that I love. You do amazing work, indeed

Rian said...

Whew! There's a whole lot more?! I wonder how you know that magic moment when it's pronounced "finished." Do angels sing a chorus?

I can't believe how much it has evolved since you pieced it. You sure have the "vision," lady.