Saturday, April 5, 2008

Embellisher Experiment #8, continued: Sequins, Beads, and Branches

The details are just about completed now.

French knots, using some "Light Effects" thread by DMC; little flower beads with seed bead centers, lots of different silk ribbon petal-like stitches, and little 2mm sequins with various seed beads securing them...all of these went on. Then I decided I needed some finer branches, so I embroidered those with some DMC linen floss. My goal was to create an overall unified effect using lots of different materials. I thought that would make the whole more interesting.

I added some herbage to the grassy foreground area, too. There will be a bit more to add there....Then I just have to frame this and I auditioned many, many fabrics toward that end. The one that won is going to be a lot of fun to use, something different for sure.
When that is done I will start on the Take It Further challenge for April. An idea has arrived full-blown in my mind...this does not often happen!

19 comments :

Vicki W said...

"Herbage" - love that word! The piece looks great. Lots of wonderful details there.

Anonymous said...

This is beautful - great colours. I love all the details on the trees

Maureen said...

And I thought the last post was the finished article - looks even better now - maureen x

Kay said...

Lovely picture of spring. Like Maureen, I thought it was wonderful at each step, but you knew what you were doing!

Mary Corbet said...

So pretty, and so SPRINGY!! Perfect!!

Deb Hardman said...

Wow, it really is beautiful.

I did a small piece for a card, that I can't show until she gets it in the mail, but it's no where near as beautiful as this!

Judith said...

Allie, oh, ah, fantastic. Your embellisher work is so inspiring. Each time I visit your blog I am blown away by your creativity
Judith

Lisa Boni said...

This is so beautiful! I love the mix of fibers, beads, sequins, ribbons, etc. It really captures the gloriousness of spring! Can't wait to see the frame!

Cat said...

Watching this piece has been just like watching Spring bring the trees and grasses and flowers to life day by day.

Anonymous said...

Allie, your piece is simply lovely! Every stitch and detail is just right. I am in awe!

Micki said...

Allie I am really loving this piece. It has been a pleasure watching it "blossom" before my eyes. Looking forward to the finale.

Barbara C said...

My, this is really lovely. I'm curious to see how you decide to frame it.

JoWynn Johns said...

Ditto to all of the above comments. Clearly, we're all in awe of your creativity. Thanks for showing us the work in progress. It was a delight to see it come to life. It's awesome!

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful! I love how the background and the handstitching work together.

Rian said...

Absolutely top drawer. I want to touch it!

Judy S. said...

You've created my spring fantasy! At least I can look at this piece and dream about warmer weather....
Thanks, I love it!

Conni said...

This is delightful!

Debra Dixon said...

Very pretty!

~Julie~ said...

Ohhhh myyy gooodnessss again!!!!! Allie this is the stuff that "fiber dreams" are made of. lol!! I LOVE these treeees!!


~Julie~