Monday, December 1, 2008

Christmas Fan....Finished

Whew!
That stitching on the fan ornament sure felt good.

This measures 6" high and 8" wide.
I tried out my new Pfaff machine's decorative stitching on the red ribbon....kinda neat!
It's for a friend of mine....

Now it is back to the Cottage CQ, as I am all refreshed by this old timey stitching.....

***Edit***
In answer to a commentor's question, I did finish this "envelope" style, leaving a gap in the curve. For my second fan I decided to have the gap along the side instead, as the straight edge is easier to turn and whipstitch closed by hand.

13 comments :

Kay said...

I love the old fashioned quality of this. It will be a wonderful ornament.

Jane said...

I'm sure the receiver will love this ornie Allie, very pretty and I'm sure just the restful sort of diversion you needed...

Marty52 said...

Great little gift, Allie. Have to keep this one in mind!

Barbara C said...

Very pretty, and what a great way to show off your embroidery.

Vicki W said...

That's adorable!

Anonymous said...

Sweet. This will be a treasured ornament for years to come.

Susan Elliott said...

This ornament reminds me of the Uncle Harry quilt? I'm assuming the "H" stood for your friend's name though...I have to make an ornament this week for an exchange this weekend with my CQ group...I'm gonna make a skate, I think...

Anonymous said...

What a lovely Christmasfan! Do you like you new Pfaff, what kind of machine do you have. Are the modelnumbers the same everywhere in the world? Maybe not...I have the Pfaff 2134.

Lisa Boni said...

Lovely!

Summerset said...

Pretty - and I totally understand why you made it. It is nice to sew something else sometimes!

Love to Stitch 99 said...

That looks really good.

Pierrette =^..^=

Pamela Kellogg said...

Oh Allie, how pretty is that? And do I recognize the lace on there?

Willa said...

Really great fan Allie.. love the ornament. I am working on a very ambitious fan border for my quild crazy.. not sure I have the time.. but if not I will put it on something else God willing! In the back of my mind I want to make enough cq ornaments to cover a Christmas tree.