Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Home Portrait for Meg...progress

I'm enjoying creating my little snowstorm for Meg's home portrait!
I've prepared this small piece (it is about 12" X 14") for lots of handwork while I am on the road this week.

I used some Mickey Lawler SkyDye fabric in the frame to suggest a pale winter sunrise...had to get a smidgen of warm color in there. Mickey sure knows her skies!
There is lots more tree embroidery to do, and the house embroidery needs refining...but what I am most looking forward to working on are all the little snowflakes and beading to come...

Back next week. This should be finished by then....happy stitching to you all!

6 comments :

Possibilities, Etc. said...

This is a beauty with feeling!! Lots of ambience in this one. I look forward to the sparkling snowflakes.

Marty52 said...

Ooooo.... yummy! Snowflakes are my faves... love this one, Allie.

Susan Elliott said...

Something tells me you're not going to plop Frosty into the front yard...

It looks really great Allie. Have a great trip and we'll see you next week. xo

Lisa Boni said...

LOVE the doily snowflakes in this! Just perfect!

Summerset said...

Very cool to get to work on snowflakes rather than flowers. It will be different and fun.

Amy Milne said...

Allie, it's beautiful!! I love this idea of home portraits. You are crazy like a fox.

xxoo,
a